The run up to the long Winter Break has been long and filled with rigorous and joyful work. We are all looking forward to some time to relax, recover from the round of colds currently circulating, and rejuvenate. Prior to leaving for Winter Break I’d like to review a few policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all of our students.
- Student Arrival: Classrooms do not open to students and families until 8:10am. If you need to bring your student to school prior to the opening of classrooms, you may use one of these options:
1. Before Care – Sign-in for the Before Care program begins at 7:30am in the Domes. Children are released to walk together to the classroom at 8:10am. The information noted below can be found on our website: Welcome to Roeper’s Before-Care Program. Our before school program is designed to offer a relaxed, yet enriching environment, with a mixture of:
- Supervised free play – inside the comfort of our Big Dome
- A choice of activities – various large motor games, non-competitive activities, building, board games, arts and crafts
- Hours of operation: 7:30 – 8:10 am
- Location: Domes Building – Big Dome
- Rate: $5.50 per day
2. Children’s Library – Carmen welcomes families to visit the library before school starts, beginning at 8:00am.
- Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy Procedures: Roeper is a “nut aware” school, meaning that we encourage students and families to recognize that there are children in our community how have significant peanut and tree nut allergies. To provide all children with a sense of safety and respect for individual needs, we ask that families refrain from bring nuts of any type into our community. Chartwells, our lunch provider, provides a nut free menu. Students with allergies have a Plan of Care on file with us to respond to emergencies. We ask that all families and students join with us in creating a safe environment. Please feel free to discuss any questions regarding this policy with me or your child’s teacher.
The next few days will be busy with activities including the Stage III Rethought Things Store today with all proceeds donated to the Bottomless Toy Chest; Winter Concert (12/11 at the Bham campus); Roeper Fever (12/12 beginning at 4pm in the CCB); and Hall of Fame Night (12/18, beginning at 6pm at the CCB). More information regarding these activities can be found on the Roeper Record, and we encourage family participation in all of these amazing community events. Finally, classrooms are engaged in a variety of activities to celebrate our learning journey thus far, and the Holiday and Winter Seasons.
On behalf of the entire Lower School faculty and staff, I thank you for your trust and commitment to the learning goals and environment we provide at the Roeper Lower School. Best wishes to you for a wonderful Holiday Season!
LeslieLeslie Anita Hosey, Ph.D. Lower School Director