This is a repeat of the August 12 email information packet of all news and information to help prepare for the opening of school. All links to information/forms are highlighted in red.
If you have any questions, please call the Lower School Office (248) 203-7330.
Information included in this email:
- Classroom Placements
- August Registration Forms
- Health Form Reminder
- New Parent Orientation
- Welcome Back day
- First Day of School
- Attendance Policy
- Before/After Care
- Back to School Night
- Picture Days
- Lower School Administration/Phone Numbers
- Parking Lot Safety
- Beginning of Year “Save-the-Dates”
Placements will be finalized on August 22 and class lists will go out to families as soon as possible. Teachers will report on Monday, August 25 and will be available to receive parents and students at Welcome Back Day on Thursday, August 28th.
August Registration Forms
Please complete and return the following forms at either New Parent Orientation, Welcome Back Day or the First Day of School.
- Photo and Video Image Release Form 2014
- Shuttle Transportation Request– optional
- LS Lunch Program Order Form 2014-2015 – WRITEABLE – optional
- Before/After-Care Enrollment 2014-2015– optional
- Yearbook Order Form— optional
Health Forms and Child Information Record Reminder
If you have not already done so, please return all health forms and Child Information Record Form as soon as possible. Per state licensing guidelines, we must have a completed Child Information Record on file for your child before the start of school. Please contact Terri Morawski (248) 203-7330 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance.
New Parent Orientation
Welcome new parents! We look forward to greeting you on Tuesday, August 26th from 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. in the Steward Building Bretzlaff Commons for an important introduction to Roeper and to answer any questions you may have. Please RSVP to Carolyn Lett at email@example.com by August 22nd.
Welcome Back Day – Thursday, August 28
- Stage I 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the Hill House & Domes
- Stage II 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the Domes
- Stage III 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. in the Steward Building
- Stage IV 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. in Middle & Quad Buildings
- Chartwells Lunch Tasting – 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
First Day of School – Tuesday, September 2
The first day of school is a regular dismissal schedule. All homerooms open at 8:10am.
- Stage I half-day morning students are dismissed at 11:45 a.m.
- Full Day Stage I and Stage II students are dismissed at 3:10 p.m.
- Stage III and Stage IV students are dismissed at 3:20 p.m.
Attendance – Lower School Attendance Hotline: (248) 203-7930
If your child will be late or absent for any reason, please notify the school office. You may leave a message on the attendance hotline or by emailing Administrative Assistant Terri Morawski at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:30am with the child’s name, homeroom and a brief explanation of the absence including the date of return, if known.
Before and After Care
Before and After Care are available beginning the first day of school, only if all paperwork has been turned in. For link to paperwork, click here: for Before/After-Care Enrollment 2014-2015 contract.
Please help us keep our environment safe for our students with severe peanut and tree nut allergies. DO NOT SEND LUNCHES OR SNACKS THAT HAVE PEANUTS, NUT OILS or TREE NUTS in them. Thank you in advance.
Back to School Night — Tuesday, September 23 at 7:00 p.m.
This information night for parents begins with a gathering in the Multi-Purpose Room of the Community Center Building before moving to individual homerooms and specials.
Lower School Picture Days
Elbinger Studios will be on campus throughout the week of September 15th for class and individual photography. Schedule will be distributed during the second week of school.
Lower School Conferences
Please save the dates of Wednesday, October 15 and Thursday, October 16 for Parent Teacher Conferences.
Lower School Administration + Contact Information
- Leslie Hosey, Director — email@example.com or (248) 203-7328
- Lisa Bottesi, Assistant Director — firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 203-7323
- Carolyn Lett, Diversity & Community Programs Coordinator, Financial Aid & Scholarship Coordinator — email@example.com or (248) 203-7327
- Terri Morawski, Administrative Assistant to the Director of Lower School — firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 203-7330
- Bob Simon, Support Services Counselor — email@example.com or (248) 203-7329
- Mary Droste, Director/After-Care — firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 595-6419
- Sarah Smith, Director/Before-Care — email@example.com
- Attendance Hotline — (248) 203-7930
Parking Lot Safety
It is critical that traffic procedures are followed to keep traffic flowing, avoid a backup on Woodward and, most importantly, keep children safe in the parking lot. The Maintenance Department staff will assist parking and traffic flow on the first day of school when the parking lot is especially full.
Please review the and safety measures below:
- One-way traffic arrows flow northbound along the curb. Traffic is always one-way along the curb. Two-way traffic is allowed between interior parking spaces only.
- Stage I and II parents must park and walk children into the classroom each morning and pick up from the classroom each afternoon.
- Stage III/IV curbside loading/unloading rules:
- Never leave a vehicle unattended.
- Always pull forward toward CCB to eliminate gaps and keep traffic flowing off of Woodward Avenue.
- No double parking.
- Children should never walk unaccompanied by an adult through the parking lot to go to your car. You must park and come to get them or pull up directly to the curb for curbside loading/unloading.
- No cell phone talking or texting while driving on campus.
- Yield to pedestrians at all times.
- Observe fire safety No Parking zones on pavement and along the Hill House road.
- Please respect the handicap parking spaces.
- Please note the exit area is EXIT ONLY. Do not attempt to enter parking lot through the northbound exit.
Beginning of the Year “Save-the-Dates”
A printed school calendar will be distributed within the first month of school and a fully detailed calendar may always be found on www.roeper.org. In the meantime, please review Back to School Save the Dates for some important dates to remember for the fall.