Home owners know that unoccupied spaces provide an opportunity to catch up on much needed repair, replacement and upgrading. While we were away during fall and winter breaks our facilities and technology teams were incredibly active on our Bloomfield Hills campus.
We made some significant progress in three areas that have been an on our to do list:
- Replacement of the concrete walkway and curb outside the Domes
- Replacement of deteriorating concrete curb and painting to improve the condition of the main entrance to the Duplex building
- Replacement of the Swimming Pool concrete deck
- Replacement of the CCB/Gym main compressor
- Repair and refinishing of the Hill House Terrace and North Wall
- Repair of CCB Exterior Plaza Wing Wall with new masonry units and stone caps
- Repair of flashing and window wrap in the Hill House large motor space
- New roller shades in buildings across the campus
- Campus-wide wireless access system upgrade: including new access points, new switches, and upgrades to the network infrastructure to increase the speed and capacity of the system.
- Installation of 2 additional SmartBoards to bring the campus to a total of 10
The Domes Restrooms
- Domes Toilet Compartments (12 total) replacement of all wall panels with new reinforced fiberglass panels
- Replacement of all flooring with new seamless vinyl, heat welded continuous sanitary coved base flooring
- Replacement of 5 toilet fixtures
- Routing/cleaning of all sanitary piping
- Painting of all doors, walls and ceilings
- Refinished exhaust fan grilles
- Cleaning and re-lamping of all light fixtures
- New exposed plumbing fittings
My sincere thanks to Ray Boyl, Ryan Boyl, Chris Collier, Brian Durst, Brian Wilmers, and Dave Fluent for their leadership, commitment to our school, and for the care they show every day for the people in our community. We could not have accomplished all of this amazing work without their efforts – thank you!!