Dear Lower School Families,
We are off and running with a spectacular first week already behind us. I was so impressed with how physically and mentally prepared your children were to start school this year. The smiles and helping hands were endless throughout the stages. Next week is our first full week together so make sure you all get plenty of rest over the weekend (parents, too). As always, if you need anything please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of us in the Lower School. Parent Teacher Conferences are a ways off so if you are sitting on questions or anxieties please connect with us a.s.a.p. (Compliments and kudos are also welcomed by teachers at any time…)
Please review the important reminders that follow. Oh, and GO IRISH! (Yes, I am one of maybe two ND fans in the Lower School.)
- · Picture Days: September 9-13
Please check the schedule for your child’s date/time for pictures next week.
- · Welcome Back Pool Party
Sunday, September 8th
Make a splash with the RPC at the annual back to school pool party.
- · Emergency Information
If you have not turned in your field trip or emergency information cards yet, please do so! Need new cards? No problem – click below, print, fill out and return with your child on Monday.
This is a quick note to remind us all of some important parking-lot safety measures that we can all take to keep all of our children safe.
- Thank you for not talking or texting on your cell while driving moving vehicles. Save the call for a few minutes or park and chat. Being distracted while driving a two ton vehicle around children should be avoided at all cost.
- A reminder that the pick-up area along the Steward Building down to the CCB is for pick-up or drop-off only. If you are waiting for your child to come out, please continue to pull all the way up towards the CCB. Standing cars back up our pick-up lines and cause parents to shift cars into reverse to get out of line. Driving cars in reverse places our children at risk.
- Please never abandon your vehicle to just “run into a building for a minute.” Your car becomes a major obstacle in the safe flow of traffic.
- Children are never allowed to walk across the parking lot to go to your car. You must park and come get them or pull up alongside the curb for pick up.
- Stage I Hill House families are not allowed to drive vehicles up the hill for drop off or pick up. We know that the hill can be a struggle, but 2.5-5 year olds are not predictable and it is difficult to hear cars on that hill due to noise from Woodward.
- · Lunch Program
Enrollment in the Chartwell lunch program is ongoing. Click here for enrollment information. Menus will be posted to the Roeper Record every month to keep you in the know on the latest lunch offerings.
- · Back to School Night
Wednesday, September 18th
Save the date and look for details in next week’s news on this important night of curriculum, learning environments and homeroom visits with your child’s teachers. Please note that this event is for parents only however, child care will be available that evening.