Calling in absences. If your child is not going to be at school, please remember to contact school. You can either:
- Email your child’s teacher and copy email@example.com on the email, or
- Call the attendance hotline at (248) 203-7930
Lice Checks. While we have not (knock on wood) had any additional cases since the start of school this is the time to stay vigilant. Please continue to check your children for any signs of lice. The Michigan Department of Community Health has published the following guidelines for parental roles in managing head lice within school communities:
Parents have the ultimate responsibility for their children. This includes:
- Becoming educated about head lice.
- Performing regular checks on all individuals in the home.
- Treating a child with head lice as soon as possible and committing to following through until there are no longer signs of an infestation.
- Teaching children how to minimize the chance of getting head lice by avoiding head-to-head contact, not sharing hats, combs, brushes, and hair accessories, and by containing long hair in braids or pony tails.
(Source: Michigan Head Lice Manual, www.michigan.gov/cdinfo.)
Early sign out. Please contact your homeroom teachers and Terri in the office to let us know if you need to pick up your child for an appointment during the school day. Additionally, if you are in the Domes, there is an “Early Sign Out” sheet in front of Terri’s office.