Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
Welcome to the 2014-2015 School Year! You have already received information regarding forms and some calendar items via The Roeper Record and by email from Terri Morawski. Please note that all forms should be returned to Terri by August 8, 2014.
Several new members have joined our Roeper staff and others have changed position. We are thrilled to have these additions to our Roeper community, and encourage you to introduce yourself and family.
On the Bloomfield Hills Campus:
- Lisa Bottesi will now split her days at Roeper as Lower School Admissions Associate and as the Lower School Assistant Director.
- Mary Droste has decided to reduce her time and only direct the Lower School After Care and Enrichment programs.
- Kendra McKenzie has moved to the Hill House to become a Stage I head teacher.
- Katie Hackney will be a team teacher with Jennifer Ziemann in the Domes Stage I program (replacing Kendra McKenzie).
- Sabrina Prevost has been hired to teach Lower School Language (replacing Isabelle Rich).
- Kellie Bagne (current Roeper parent) has been hired as a part-time Lower School Admissions Associate.
- Emily Wine (current Roeper parent) has been hired as the Assistant to the Admissions and Marketing Director (replacing Katie Hackney).
On the Birmingham Campus:
- Jason McIntosh is the Dean of Admissions for Middle and Upper School (replacing Elli Altman).
- Jodi Irwin has been hired as the Coordinator of Learning Support Services (replacing Syd Plotkin).
- Corinne Hatcher has been hired as the Middle/Upper School Librarian (replacing Alison Ernst).
- Eric Ambrose has been hired to teach Middle/Upper School Instrumental Music
Class placement decisions will be made in August by the teaching and administrative team, after which you will receive your child’s class list. Thursday, August 28th is our Welcome Back Day at the Lower School – a chance for you and your child to visit their new classroom and meet some families. Please note the schedule below with specific times for each stage so that you may mark your calendar now:
Stage III 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Stage II 11:00 a.m. to noon
Stage I Noon to 1:00 p.m.
Stage IV 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Lower School classes begin for students on Tuesday, September 2nd. Stage I half-day students are dismissed at 11:45 a.m. Stage I full-day and Stage II students are dismissed at 3:10 p.m., and Stage III and IV students are dismissed at 3:20 p.m. Full-day students not picked up by 3:30 p.m. will go to aftercare.
Looking ahead, please note the following calendar items:
- September 15 – 19 Picture Days
- September 23 Back To School Night
- September 25 Rosh Hashanah
- September 28 All School Picnic
- October 15 – 16 Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 17 No School
You will receive information regarding Lower School and all campus events by way of The Roeper Record, the Roeper website, and through direct email. I will be on campus throughout the summer months, and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 248-203-7328. Please feel free to contact me with questions or simply for a quick chat. Terri will return to campus on August 4.
There is much summer left to enjoy. I wish you and your family bliss!
Leslie Anita Hosey, Ph.D.
Lower School Director